How to Recover CR2 Files from Canon Camera???
Pictures are considered to be the most favorite possession of a lot of people and they make use of digital cameras to capture them. Among different digital cameras, Canon cameras are extensively used and they save the captured photographs with.cr2 file extension. This CR2 RAW photo format is flexible and has control over digital pictures. Putting aside its enhanced features, even these Canon cameras are prone to data loss and make you to suffer huge loss of your precious photos. Now are you worried and combing over internet on how to recover CR2 files after loss?
Leave all your worries!!! With the help of photo recovery toolkit, you can restore CR2 files from Canon digital camera with very ease. This utility not only restores CR2&CRW images, but can even retrieve RAW NEF pictures from Nikon camera, ARW&SR2 from Sony camera, ORF from Olympus, etc. just within a couple of minutes.
Common CR2 File loss scenarios can be given as:
- Unintentionally deleting CR2 files from Canon digital camera by hitting “Delete All” button causes heavy loss of all photos files saved on camera. Also, while deleting some unlikable pictures, by accident you may select precious CR2 photo files and delete them causing loss of CR2 files.
- By mistake hitting “Format card” option on Canon digicam will format the canon camera memory card and erases all the valuable .cr2 files and other media files saved on it leading to files loss.
- Directly removing the memory card from Canon camera without turning it off corrupts the memory card and in turn spoils the CR2 Raw image files residing inside the memory card, causing inaccessibility and thus resulting in loss of files. But, by using photo recovery tool you can efficiently perform corrupted memory card data recovery just in few clicks of your mouse.
- Virus invasion might damage the file system of your Canon digicam memory card and makes all the stored CR2 files unreadable which further does not allow the user to access the files causing data loss.
- Some more reasons are clicking pics when digital camera is on low battery, abruptly detaching memory card from system in between the file transfer process, deleting CR2 files from Canon camera on computer, etc. will result in loss of your precious CR2 files.
Simple safety tips for future reference:
- Always remove memory card either from camera or computer by following its suitable exit option.
- After losing CR2 files, do not use Canon digital camera to save any new photos which prevents overwriting and increases chances of file recovery.
- Have proper backup of entire files which are essential.
- Check twice before deleting any files.
- Use reliable anti-virus scanning software to protect device from harmful malware or spyware viruses.
Remarkable Features of Photo recovery toolkit:
- Photo recovery application comes up with robust scanning engine that performs rigorous scanning of Cannon memory card in order to find file types and then with the aid of their unique file attributes regain CR2 or CRW files.
- This application is capable enough to support image restoration on different brands of digital cameras like Nikon, Olympus, Kodak, Sony, Samsung, Pentax, etc.
- This effective tool can carry out flash card photo recovery and also rescues lost or deleted images from various other digital gadgets such as external HDD, hard drives, iPod, FireWire drives, USB drives and more.
- The software has separate editions for both Mac and Windows operating system computers.
Guidelines to Install and use Photo Recovery program::
Step1: First, connect Cannon digital camera via USB data cable to the computer. Download demo version of the tool and install it on your system’s hard disk. Run the application and select “Recover Photos” option from the main screen as depicted in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Recover Photos
Step2: Based on your scenario, choose “Recover Lost Photos” or “Recover Deleted Photos” from the screen as depicted in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Select Option
Step3: On the next screen as depicted in Figure 3, a list of detected logical drives will be displayed, from where you need to choose your digital camera and click on “Next” button.
Figure 3: Select Device
Step4: On completion of scanning process, list of recovered pictures will be displayed and you can the view the retrieved photos by using “Preview” options as depicted in Figure 4. If you are happy with the results you can buy the full version available online.
Figure 4: Recovered Photos